As Quality Assurance Auditor, you will assist the Group Technical Manager by ensuring standards of quality and compliance to legality of food safety are achieved and improved upon.
Don’t just be part of a team, be part of the PV family!
Scope of Role: Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for the quality control and inspection of all products at your production site. You will work closely with other QA auditors, technical and production managers, and operations staff to drive product quality, legality, consistency, and document accuracy.
- Conduct daily checks against site HACCP (Temperature checks, calibration of scales and thermometers, pest control, hygiene schedules)
- Conduct daily factory audits against food safety standards - Glass and Plastic and involvement in other Audits
- Line quality leading and sign off/creation of product/batches/labelling/barcodes
- External audit readiness preparation and close out of actions from external audits
- Conducting traceability exercises to schedule
- Coordinating taste panels
- Ensure product quality is monitored
- Ensuring micro sampling plans are maintained, collected, and tested and any adverse results are investigated and closed out
- Investigate customer complaints
- Monitor quality of incoming goods in and ensure checked against specification
- Assist in site training and upkeep of records
- Assist with site health and safety controls and implementing and reviewing of procedures
- Assist with QC and production sheet implementation and review
- Managing and agreeing day to day concessions required on ingredients and finished products
- Raising supplier non-conformances for supplier issues
- Raising corrective actions to teams and close out to promote improvements
- Monitor site waste and implement improvements
- Report KPI’s weekly
- Conduct weekly CCP due diligence checks on records
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Have a Food Science or related qualification?
- Experience in a technical / quality assurance role in a food manufacturing environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Team Player
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision
- The ability to follow instructions
- Good IT Skills
Why Patisserie Valerie?
- 50% discount in our stores
- Access for you and your family to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) giving you the help and support you need when you need it the most
- You can sign up to our Healthcare Cashplan provided by BHSF
- You will also have access to a suite of Financial Wellbeing Products provided by Salary Finance including savings, low interest loans and cash advance
- Outstanding training & development opportunities - access to our e-learning platform and educational tools
- Flexible working hours with a great work life balance as none of our stores or production areas are open late enabling you to spend time with your friends and family
- You can always have your Birthday off work
- In our Support Office and Field based roles you also have the option to purchase an additional weeks annual leave each holiday year.
Plus the things you’d expect:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Nest company pension scheme
- Great free on-job training, to increase your pay, skills and knowledge
- Branded PV Uniform
- 4 weekly pay – You get 13 pay days a year
If you want a slice of the action, then apply today!